Western Plains Children's Choir has maintained a tradition of choral excellence in Minot since January 1991. Made up of three choral ensembles with singers in grades 3-12, our program is designed for children who love to sing. Western Plains Children's Choir provides the opportunity to develop individual potential within a joyful musical community. Our teacher/directors are dedicated to helping children reach high levels of musical performance within a student-centered environment. We represent North Dakota's upper Midwest as youthful ambassadors of beautiful choral music.
Western Plains Junior Choir
• A select choir of 40-50 3rd, 4th, 5th grade singers
• Rehearses Mondays 4:45 - 6:00 PM at Minot State University
• Directors: Mrs. Jerlyn Langemo, Ms. Nina Coster
Western Plains Children’s Choir
• A select choir of 40-50 5th, 6th, and 7th grade singers
• Rehearses Mondays 6:05 - 7:35 PM at Minot State University
• Director: Mr. Jonathan Clark
Western Plains Youth Ensemble
• A select choir of 40 8th - 12th grade singers
• Rehearses Sundays 6:00 - 7:30 PM at Minot State University
• Director: Dr. Rebecca Petrik
Optional per semester enrollment:
$20 discount on full year tuition for additional siblings
"Singing Christmas Peace"
December 11, 2016 at 3 PM
"Songs of the World"
May 14, 2016 at 3 PM
All three choirs have several concert opportunities throughout the year.
Depending on your ensemble, performances may include Hostfest, Winter and Spring concerts, retirement homes, and tours to area schools.
If cost is a concern, please apply to our scholarship fund for a half scholarship.
How to Join - Audition!
Who: Anyone in grades 3-12 who loves to sing.
Dates: Wednesday, Sept. 7 and Thursday, Sept. 8.
Time: Contact Rebecca Petrik (426 2039) for a 10 minute audition between 3:30 - 5:30 PM either day.
Where: Room 120 in basement of Old Main on the campus of MSU
Be prepared to sing:
• “America” (My Country Tis’ of Thee) - with small group and individually
• “Are You Sleeping” - in unison and in a round
• Echo-sing short melodic patterns
Contact any of the directors for more information:
Dr. Petrik - 426 2039
Mrs. Langemo - 833 4185
Ms. Coster - 213 1847
Mr. Clark - 340 9665